What to Look for in a Good Buyers Agent
With the property market in Australia becoming increasingly competitive over the years, every player in the field is seeking that winning edge. The industry is full of family buyers, first home owners, investors and indulgent buyers, all seeking to get the best they can out of this industry. Whether you are a property buyer or seller, involving a good buyer's agent from a company like Aus Property Professionals in your dealings is important in getting the best deal out there.
Why get a buyer's agent?
A buyer's agent is an individual with extensive experience in the real estate industry and is your best bet at getting the best price for that property you desire. Some of the services you will receive from a buyer's agent include the following.
- Looking for listings of the types of houses you want, in the areas you want to live in and sending them to you. They can also suggest simple changes that would make a property more suitable for you.
- Organizing custom tours to the properties for showings and negotiation.
- Putting you in touch with mortgage lenders and home inspectors and taking you through the entire process from making the offer to finalizing the deal.
- Give useful advice on how to protect yourself in a real estate transaction. They ensure you are not charged more than you should pay for and that you are not conned.
- They have excellent negotiation skills that help you land the best price and terms for the sale or purchase.
- A buyer's agent can work exclusively with you ensuring that your transactions and dealings are private and entirely confidential between you and them.
- Providing due diligence during the evaluation of property. This may be in terms of inspection for faulty structure, pests and asbestos inspection among others. He also ensures the validity and genuineness of the property title.
With so many buyers' agents in the property industry today, there is a heightened risk of entrusting your property dealings in the hands of an inexperienced individual. This makes it important to put a lot of diligence in the search for a good buyer's agent. Some of the important things to look out for when choosing one include the following.
Conflict of interest
Existing conflict of interest can compromise your transactions. A good buyer's agent should focus on one area whether buying or selling of property in order to avoid favoritism towards one side. Ensure that the agent you get only works for one side of the deal, otherwise you might end up paying more for the property due to bias of the buyer's agent.
Years of experience
Go for a buyer's agent with many years of experience. This is a person who has been around long enough to understand the patterns in the industry. They will be at a better position to strike you an amazing deal.
The agent's team and network
In most cases, every agent has a team within the agency working towards satisfying your requirements. Assessing the agent's network helps you understand the connections they have within the industry and the resources they have which will be channeled towards ensuring you do not miss out on a desired property. A good buyer's agent should have a comprehensive network and dedicated team.
While some individuals prefer carrying our real estate dealings on their own, the decision of going for a buyer's agent is one which will yield success in your property purchase or sale endeavor.